About the Role
· The Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) assists in the delivery of patient care as established by the licensed Occupational Therapist to reach treatment goals through a written treatment plan.
· The COTA will be responsible for maintaining patient records.
· The COTA participates in continuous quality improvement and strives to excel in customer service. Employee will be responsible for knowledge and skill necessary to provide care based on each patient’s individualized needs.
· The COTA actively participates in occupational therapy activitie
· Graduate of a two-year college program for Occupational Therapy Assistants.
· Associate degree that has been approved by the American Occupational Therapy Association.
What qualifications you will need:
Successful completion of NBCOT certification examination for Occupational Therapy Assistant
Possesses or is eligible for valid license to practice as Occupational Therapy Assistant in the State of New Mexico.
Pediatric Experience, preferred.
American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification is required.
About the Company
Gallien Therapy is looking for an experienced or newly graduated physical therapist to join their team. Strong orthopedic interest is required.
Gallien Therapy is a 3,000 square foot orthopedic physical therapy clinic located in Alamogordo, NM. This fast-growing clinic sees a wide variety of patients ages from high school athletes to a very active older population.
· What we have to offer:
· Relocation Assistance
· Competitive salary
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Monday-Friday work week
· No weekends required
· Strong support for continuing education, training, and development
· Mentoring for the person seek OCS status
· Opportunity to create independent treatment programs
· Close, professional relationship with local orthopedists and hospital joint clinic
· Outdoor enthusiast's dream. From the desert to the mountains with White Sands National Monument
· Sunshine 360 days of the year.
· Choose your climate. From the warm desert sands of Alamogordo to the cool mountain pines of Cloudcroft, all within 30 minutes of the clinic.
· Small town atmosphere, with low cost of living.
· Diverse population due to proximity to Holloman Air Force Base.
· Two major metropolitan areas (Las Cruces, NM; El Paso, TX) offer the best of shopping and restaurants only an hour away
· Major ski area (Ruidoso) 45 minutes away